At Stag Lane Junior we teach the children to be safe when using technology to support their learning and expect them to follow the rules below to safeguard themselves and their friends.
- I will only use the system with my own username and password, which I will keep secret
- I will only use the computers for school work and homework
- I will ask permission from my teacher before using the Internet
- I will only e-mail people I know, or my teacher has approved and any messages I send will be polite and responsible
- I will never give my personal details such as my full name, home address and telephone number to anyone online
- I will report any unpleasant material or messages sent to me. I understand my report would be confidential and would help protect other pupils and myself.
- I understand that my network space and internet activities will be monitored
- I know that if I break these rules, I could lose the right to use the school network.
We have included below links to organisations that may be of interest to parents
- CEOPS -Child Exploitation and Online Protection Centre
- Childnet International
- Parents Online
- NCH Action for Children
- NSPCC Share Aware
Please find addition advice here about protecting your child from the dangers of online gaming: