Sports Premium Funding
Purpose of the Funding
The Government has given funding to schools for a specific purpose. Schools must spend the additional funding on improving their provision of PE and sport, but they will have the freedom to choose how they do this. Possible uses for the funding might include:
- hiring specialist PE teachers or qualified sports coaches to work with primary teachers when teaching PE
- supporting and engaging the least active children through new or additional Change4Life clubs
- paying for professional development opportunities for teachers in PE and sport
- providing cover to release primary teachers for professional development in PE and sport
- running sport competitions, or increasing pupils’ participation in the School Games
- buying quality assured professional development modules or materials for PE and sport
- providing places for pupils on after school sports clubs and holiday clubs
- pooling the additional funding with that of other local schools.
At Stag Lane Juniors we provide physical activity during the school day, including lunchtimes as well as further extra-curricular clubs. P.E. develops pupils’ physical competence and confidence as well as their ability to use these to perform a range of activities.
The school currently provides a minimum of 2 hours of P.E. every week where skills are taught through P.E. lessons. We have also offered (and continue to offer) a wide variety of sports provision after school, both through our own staff and through outside providers. We have the facilities to offer one indoor lesson and outside activities on the playground and field.
The self-discipline and collaboration expected of the children in sport impacts positively upon behaviour within the classroom.
Please download our action plans to see how we are using this funding: